Sunday, September 22, 2013

Wave of Polish - Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month

This is a project I've been working on and a very personal one.

October is pregnancy and infant loss awareness month and a cause very close to my heart. As you may or may not know I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl at 30 weeks due to an autoimmune disease I have. She was born breathing and crying and far beyond everyone's expectations. At 30hrs old she started to deteriorate and at 32 1/2 hrs old she passed away in my arms from a rare premature complication. As I'm sure you can imagine its been the worst experience of my life. Since then I have done what I can to ensure that other parents can have help and support during this awful time.

As October is International Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month, throughout the month I ask that you paint your nails blue and pink on a Tuesday to show your support and raise awareness of pregnancy and Infant loss.

October 15th is Pregnancy and Infant Loss awareness day, so if there is only one Tuesday you can commit to painting your nails this month please chose this date. Around the world on the 15th October at 7pm people are asked to light a candle. Then throughout the time zones a wave of light is made in memory of the precious lives taken too soon. Let's also make October 15th a wave of polished hands showing support throughout the world. If you would like to do more days in the month that would be great too

In conjunction with the wave of polish campaign I will be holding an auction of one off polishes made by our amazing Australian Indies and also some gorgeous pastels from amazing Australian polish brands. The auction will start on the 8th October at 9am and finish on the 15th October. Visit http://waveofpolish.blogspot.com.au/ for all the details

1 in 4 pregnancies will end in loss, leaving behind devastated families. Please show your support and help raise awareness.

I will set up an inlinkz code for blogs and we will use #pregnancyandinfantloss on instagram.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/waveofpolish/

A zillion thank yous to the wonderful Aussie Indies that have supported this cause.

Please grab a blog banner

bloggraphic2



bloggraphic22



Please grab an Instagram banner to use
waveinsta2



waveinsta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading people's thoughts so please leave a comment. If you have a blog or facebook page etc please leave the link I love looking at everyone's gorgeous nail work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...