Friday, September 20, 2013

Ovarian Cancer Awareness


It is national Ovarian Cancer awareness month in the US, I decided to still join this cause as we are losing far too many women to this hideous cancer. So today's look is in teal, the colour that represents ovarian cancer awareness. The teal I have used in OPI Fly, a gorgeous creme teal. I think did my glitter finger with a base of Zoya Trixie and a England's amazing Merlin glitter. I love the finished look and think this is a very worthwhile cause. Below are some statistics and information relative to Australia.

In Australia, three women are diagnosed with ovarian cancer every day. It could be you, your friend, your partner, your sister, your mum, your gran or your daughter. There is no early detection test for ovarian cancer and the Pap test does not detect the disease. More than 1300 women are diagnosed with ovarian cancer in Australia each year and 800 women will die from the disease. Approximately 75% of women are diagnosed at an advanced stage, where the cancer has spread and is difficult to treat successfully. At the moment, only 43% of women with ovarian cancer will be alive five years later. But if ovarian cancer is diagnosed at an early stage, women have an 80% chance of being alive and well after five years. More women need to be diagnosed at an early stage when ovarian cancer is very treatable. And that is why everyone needs to know more about ovarian cancer and its symptoms.

Ovarian Cancer Australia is Australia's leading organisation for ovarian cancer awareness and support. We are committed to ensuring that every Australian knows the symptoms of ovarian cancer. Do you?





5 comments:

  1. Lovely! And Thanks for this one...it's a cause very dear to me...I lost my mom to Ovarian Cancer - she had been ill for a good 12 months before finally getting a diagnosis and then it was only found in the very end stage. She endured a horrible 11 more months before passing. So much out there for breast cancer awareness and yet so little is been done for both awareness and more significant treatments for Ov CA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this mani and for such an important cause :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer Lola, a friend of mine who had a similar disease told me about Dr. James  herbal mix  medicine who cured her of Ovarian cancer, .She gave me Dr.James  email address, I contacted him quickly and he assured that his herbal mix medicine will cure my breast cancer, I said Okay. I asked him about the process for the cure, he asked me to pay for the fees which I did and within 4 working days, he sent me the herbal mix medicine and instructed me on how to drink it for 3 months to get cured. I told Lola my friend about the herbal medicine so she gave me a go-ahead to drink it. I drank the herbal medicine for 3 months and I was totally cured. I'm so grateful and I have promised to recommend anyone suffering from cancer or any kind of disease to him and that what I'm doing.Dr.James herbal mix medicine  made me  believe there is hope for people suffering from diseases like Alzheimer's diseases, Bipolar disorder, Schizophrenia, Parkinson's disease, Schizophrenia, Cancer, Scoliosis, Bladder Cancer, Colorectal Cancer, Breast Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Leukemia, Lung Cancer, Skin Cancer, Uterine Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Fibromyalgia, a
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia, Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease, Diabetes, Coeliac disease, Angiopathy, Ataxia, Arthritis, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Alzheimer's disease, Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma, Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids, Herpes, Inflammatory bowel disease, Copd, Diabetes.
    Here Is His Contact Info......[Email...drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading people's thoughts so please leave a comment. If you have a blog or facebook page etc please leave the link I love looking at everyone's gorgeous nail work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...