Tuesday, June 3, 2014

SIMPLES - Week 3 - Ombre blues


We're on to week 3 in Crumpet's SIMPLES - Nail Art from Muggle to Mastery and we are doing ombres. Ombres is a super confusing word in the nail art world and I don't always get it right myself. Technically as Crumpter expains " Ombre literally means shadow, in French.  An ombre mani, therefore, is one where the nails move through varying SHADES of the same colour, from light to dark, or dark to light, across the entire hand."

So here is my ombre look, I found it really hard to find five shades not only in the same primary colour family but also in the same tones. I seemed to be able to find four easily but not the elusive fifth until I can across this range. On my Thumb is Cate Ruby Sky, my index is Zoya Rocky, middle finger is Zoya Robyn, ring finger is Zoya Breezi and my pinkie is Zoya Edie. I love the look of a true ombre design, what do you think?


Then of course me being me meant I had to jazz it up a bit so I placed white dots down one side of each nail and painted within the dot in shades from the design. I really just can't help myself and it's not that I'm against plain nails, I actually like plain colour too but I love playing around with designs :). Why not join this challenge too, if you're new it's a great way to start and if you're not so new it's good to go back to basics.

Hope your day is a fabulous one, Tx.



3 comments:

I love reading people's thoughts so please leave a comment. If you have a blog or facebook page etc please leave the link I love looking at everyone's gorgeous nail work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...