Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Powder Perfect - Melancholia collection review


One of the new collections from Powder Perfect is Melancholia. There are 6 stunning polishes in this collection that range from holo, to creme glitter and jelly glitter. Jacinta the brains behind Powder Perfect explains the collection as "each shade representing a different facet of the human struggle, the polishes vary wildly in vibrancy and finish. This in an effort to capture the emotions that we rarely talk about. Taboo subjects of despair, grief and obsession. " As is always the case with Powder Perfect the imagery behind every polish is noticeable.

Mel•an•cho•li•a
Plumb the depths of human emotion with our new Mel•an•cho•li•a Collection. Melancholia aims to capture the darker side of the human experience; the battles that rage silently within ourselves.

Glitter Polishes RRP $10 AUD 
Holographic Polishes RRP $12 AUD
Buy the collection for $58


Now usually I leave my favourite to the end so just for something different I'm starting out with it today, This polish is called Obsession. It's a deep green, so of course I'm drawn to it. I love the squishy look of the jelly and the depth it adds. The formula was just right which enabled easy application and I am wearing two coats with top coat.





Next is In My Dreams, now I'd call this a satin crelly, I may have just made up a word :). It's not as translucent as a jelly but is still translucent enough to let the glitters underneath to shine through with a visible satin sheen. It has a purple to deep magenta base and has iridescent glitters and gold flakes. I needed 3 coats with this one and I found just one coat of top coat smoothed out the glitter.




This is Foreboding and it's the sister to the amazing Fog is Rolling in from the Abandoned Mansion collection. This time we have a teal base and a duochrome shift from green to blue as you can see in the photo above. I am wearing two coats. I love how Jacinta makes these polishes as outside in the sun the holo shines but then in the shade you are still left with a pretty duochrome polish.




This is Despair, it is a blackened blue, darker than my photos show. It's a colour that is unique to my holo collection as it's such a stunning deep dark blue. I love finding colours that are new to my stash! Application was a breeze and I am wearing 2 coats.





Next is Grief, it's a very blue grey and in the sunshine sparkle with holo power. In the holo are glitters that shift from blue to green which again means this polish is just as special out of the sun. I had no problems with application other than it took 3 thin coats to build full opacity. 





Lastly we have Addictive Personality. This is a fun very light pink glitter creme. It has an abundance of bright glitters that pop beautifully next to the pale pink. Application was great and the glitters came out easily. 



These polishes are available from the  Powder Perfect Polish website from $10 for a 13ml bottle. Powder Perfect Polish is 5 free. It contains no; formaldehyde, toluene, dibutyl phthalate, camphor and tosylamide/formaldehyde resin. Also join their Facebook page to keep up to date on all the news.
These polishes were sent to me for an honest review. All opinions are my own. Please note computer monitors may vary in colour display.

3 comments:

  1. Terrific polishes! I was kinda hoping I would be 'meh' about them as I keep telling myself to cut back on polish buying, but these are beautiful! Wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice collection! Your photos are perfect :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These all look so nice! My favourite is In My Dreams, but I adore all the holos too!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading people's thoughts so please leave a comment. If you have a blog or facebook page etc please leave the link I love looking at everyone's gorgeous nail work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...