Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The Dance a collaboration with myself and Hayley from Emily de Molly for Wave of Polish Auctions


This is The Dance a collaboration with myself and Hayley from Emily de Molly for Wave of Polish Auctions. http://www.myminiauction.com/waveofpolish

This year my daughter should be in her last year of high school here in Tasmania and at the end of the school year is a huge event for the teens called their Leaver's Dinner, similar to what I imagine a prom would be. So it's kind of one of those years for me, where it's noticeable that a big event should be happening in her life but she'll never get to do it - we'll never get to do it. I should be arguing over dresses and their appropriateness, sharing the excitement of who she will go with and finding that dream vehicle for her to arrive in. I knew I wanted this years collaboration polish to reflect all of that and in some small way give me a chance to be involved and to share with others, just like what would be happening if we had her here. In a way Hayley and I did have some angst with the perfect 'dress', what I thought I wanted just didn't work and maybe as with all Mums was a bit too young. After driving Hayley crazy (thanks Hayley) out of the blue she came up with this polish and we both knew she 'had' it. The Dance has a a darkened magenta base filled with colour shifting shimmer that changes from pink to gold, what teen girl wouldn't want that on her fingers? There are 10 numbered bottles of this available and then that's it, it will never be made again.

Now the name has two meanings, The Dance as obviously Grace would be off to her first formal dance and The Dance by Garth Brooks is a song I can really relate to and listened to so often in the early years. It's so true I could have missed the pain of losing our precious daughter but to do so would mean I never would have had the joy of having her in our lives.

Thanks for making it this far (lyrics below)

Looking back on the memory of
The dance we shared 'neath the stars above
For a moment all the world was right
How could I have known that you'd ever say goodbye?
And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end, the way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance
I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance
Holding you, I held everything
For a moment, wasn't I a king?
But if I'd only known how the king would fall
Hey, who's to say? You know I might have changed it all
And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end, the way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance
I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance
Yes my life is better left to chance
I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance
The dance




1 comment:

I love reading people's thoughts so please leave a comment. If you have a blog or facebook page etc please leave the link I love looking at everyone's gorgeous nail work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...