Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Guest blogger Teneil from Shades of Phoenix

Today's guest blogger is done by the beautiful Teneil from Shades of Phoenix. Teneil not only does amazing nail art she is also the creator of the fabulous Australian Indie Brand Shades of Phoenix. You can find her store here, and I promise once you try one you will be going back for more. The colour, the formula, the creativeness is all amazing.


Hello Pretties. I'm very excited to be guest posting on the lovely Theresa's blog. Today I have something that is different for me because its really the first time I've done it - sad I know. I did have an entirely different mani done for this post but I didn't like it, then this one kind of just happened and thought it was perfect. 

I have never been very good at gradients, to be honest I hated them because I found them painful to do and gave up. That's until one of my close friend @nadeekay who is the gradient Queen came over to visit and taught me some simple tricks and just being able to see someone do it in person really helped. 

I have always wanted to try a neon gradient because I think they look amazing and I wasn't wrong. 


For this awesomely bright neon gradient I used a plain white base to work on. That's what really makes the colours POP! The actually colours I used were: Australis - #Totesamaze, China Glaze - Flip Flop Fantasy and Island Girl Hawaii in the orange neon. 

I wore this gradient for over a day and just loved how bright it was and wasn't ready to take it off so I thought I'd add to it. But what? I didn't want to ruin it with to much colour. So I went with black, in a flower design that is super easy and fun to do. 


Reminds me of summer!

I absolutely love how this turned out. It is a shame that cameras have a melt down when photographing neons but still you get the idea. 

I hope you like this mani as much as I do :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading people's thoughts so please leave a comment. If you have a blog or facebook page etc please leave the link I love looking at everyone's gorgeous nail work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...