Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Plum Luck


Today I'm featuring Plum Luck from Sally Hansen. The Complete Salon Manicure range says it is a base coat, strengthener, growth treatment, salon-inspired colour, top coat, chip-resistance and a gel finish all in one. That's probably ok if you are only wearing the polish for a special occasion but I find that to increase wear time and prevent staining it is always best to wear a base coat. It does finish with a super glossy look so top coat is only required for protection. Plum Luck is a pretty deep plum creme, it dries a lot darker than it looks in the bottle which I just love as I'm really enjoying vampy colours at the moment. I also like the gel finish, it gives the creme polish a jelly look which I love but it can lead to patchy spots in application so you need to apply carefully. I am wearing 3 coats here to gain full opacity. Personally I love the brushes as they have a rounded end and for someone like me with small nail beds they work far better than the wide brushes. As I love my nail art I couldn't leave you with just plain swatches so I added a glitter accent and a grey base with dots. This is a really great polish for autumn and while the colour isn't unique it's available at a good price if you don't have one in your stash.







This polish was sent to me for an honest review. All opinions are my own. Please note computer monitors may vary in colour display.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading people's thoughts so please leave a comment. If you have a blog or facebook page etc please leave the link I love looking at everyone's gorgeous nail work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...